Anki is a free and open-source flashcard program using spaced repetition, a technique from cognitive science for fast and long-lasting memorization. This article will serve as an informative guide and give you a clear understanding of how to perform a silent installation of Anki from the command line using the EXE installer.
How to Install Anki Silently
Anki Silent Install (EXE)
- Navigate to: https://github.com/ankitects/anki/releases/latest
- Download the anki-x.y.z-windows.exe to a folder created at (C:\Downloads)
- Open an Elevated Command Prompt by Right-Clicking on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- Navigate to the C:\Downloads folder
- Enter the following command: anki-x.y.z-windows.exe /S
- Press Enter
After a few moments you should see the Anki Desktop Shortcut appear. You will also find entries in the Start Menu, Installation Directory, and Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
|Silent Install Switch:|
|Silent Uninstall Switch:||Scripting Required|
The information above provides a quick overview of the software title, vendor, silent install, and silent uninstall switches. The download links provided take you directly to the vendors website. Continue reading if you are interested in additional details and configurations.
Change Default Installation Directory
You can also change the default installation directory by using the following command line parameters. In this example, I’m installing Anki to “C:\Anki”
Always make sure to test everything in a development environment prior to implementing anything into production. The information in this article is provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind.